It’s Saturday morning, the weather is 50 degrees, our leaves are changing, and I have a pumpkin spice candle lit on the table. I was about to turn the fireplace on but didn’t want to get too carried away. I just got back inside from our morning walk and decided to get this delicious healthy apple cinnamon oatmeal bars up on the blog just in case you’re also having a fall-themed morning and need a healthy treat to make!
I love making my breakfast oatmeal bars in the blender. It contains the mess, and it’s easy to pour all the ingredients in, blend, and bake! I usually make a blueberry or chocolate chip, but I decided to go with apples this time! I had a lot of apples left over from my farm trips, which are so good this time of year since they’re in season.
These bars are healthy enough to eat for breakfast but tasty enough to have for dessert.
The entire house smelled like fall heaven while roasting these apples and baking the bars.
Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars
- 4 Medium Apples I used honeycrisp
- 2 Tbsps Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Oatmeal
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsps Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and dice apples.
- Add the apples, cinnamon, apple pie spice, honey, olive oil, and sea salt to a pan on medium heat. Let them simmer, occasionally stirring, for 10-12 minutes.
- Add oatmeal, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, milk, eggs, vanilla, almond butter, and maple syrup to a blender. Mix on a medium speed until combined.
- Grease or line a baking dish. Pour the blended oatmeal batter evenly into the pan, and top with the cooked apples. I used an 8 x 8 pan, but you can use any size. Simply adjust the cooking time.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes.
- Serve cold or warm! Even better with a dollop of whipped cream.
I recommend trying them out with a hot cup of coffee and a dollop of whipped cream on top! I hope you enjoy! ♥️
Have a great weekend!
Questions for you!
- Do you prefer apple or pumpkin?
- What is your favorite fall candle scent?
- Does it feel like fall where you live?