Good morning and happy Sunday!
I hate to brag, but it’s 77-degrees in South Carolina today. I am over the moon excited, and I cannot wait for spring! I know it’s not officially spring, but it’s been raining and heating up fast. 😊 We will finish the patio makeover later today, and I can’t wait to share that project with you. I will eventually put up a new home tour since almost everything has changed in the past few months. Things are starting to fall into place.
Now that it’s March and Easter is just around the corner, I’m going full-force into spring recipes! I have to confess. I have officially fallen into the Tiktok trap. I can’t quit it. Everyone on Tiktok is so funny, and the comment sections are pure comedy. I’m glad I waited longer to sign up because, girl, have I wasted hours this week just browsing videos. Since I was spending so much time on the app watching other people’s videos, I’ve decided to start my own TikTok. I’ve been posting easy recipes and have many garden/home videos saved in my drafts that will go live soon. I didn’t realize how fun it was. Now, you won’t see me on there dancing and pranking Kyle, but I’ll be doing a fun day in the lifestyle videos, cleaning, home decor, gardening, and tons of recipes! I already have some up! My username is taralynntiktoks, so say hi if you use that app.
Have you ever had those ham and cheese sliders with poppy seeds? Well, today’s recipe is sort of a spin-off from those. I wanted to make something fun and unique for an Easter brunch. My mom always makes ham on Easter, so I always correlate the two. I thought the idea of putting the ham and cheese into a pie crust basket would be the cutest Easter brunch appetizer. They’re so easy and fun to make! They’re definitely eye-catching and a perfect way to level up your sandwiches😊. Oh, and THEY TASTE AMAZING!! You can fill these pie-style sandwiches with whatever you want. Don’t like ham and cheese? Try it with turkey, bacon, peppers, onions, and honey mustard. Oh, that may be what I make next. It’s a cute idea that you can customize! I’d love to hear some of your ideas on what kind of pie sandwich I should make!
By the way, you can purchase gluten-free pie crust to make this recipe gluten-free friendly. 😊
Ham and Cheese Basket Pies | Simply Taralynn
- 1 Package Honey Ham
- 6 Slices American Cheese
- 2 Ready-to-bake Pie Crust
- 3 Tbsps Melted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Poppyseeds
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the pie crusts into thin strips.
- Weave eight of the pie strips together to form a "basket."
- Top the strips with ham and cheese.
- Close up the basket by folding over the strips and pinching them together with your fingers. You can cut off any excess strips. This layer won't be as pretty, but that's ok since it's the bottom.
- Flip the baskets over and transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Coat with melted butter and sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 15-minutes, let them cool for about five minutes and then cut the excess cheese off the edges to clean them up.
This recipe was super fun and easy to make. They are extremely budget-friendly, too!
I love that they look like little Easter baskets. I hope you all enjoyed this fun little ham and cheese basket tutorial! You can watch the video on my TikTok 😂
Questions for you!
- Which app do you spend most of your time on?
- What kind of sandwich basket should I make next?
- What recipe reminds you of spring?