One of my favorite meals I made this weekend was my restaurant-style chicken caesar salad wraps. Kyle and I did a little road trip last summer and stopped for lunch on the way. I ordered a chicken caesar salad wrap from a coffee shop, and my expectations were low. I thought it would be a cold, soggy, wrapped a few hours ago type of wrap. I was wrong. It was one of the best and freshest chicken caesar salad wraps I’ve ever had. I almost convinced kyle to drive an hour away so that we could have them again. Instead, I drove to the grocery store and picked up the ingredients to recreate my own. This recipe was shockingly close to the one I had last summer, and I think you’re going to LOVE it!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 4 Tbsps Italian Dressing
- 4 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 4 Tbsps Caesar Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onions
- 1 Medium Avocado, Sliced
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 6 Medium Tortillas
- Marinate chicken breast in the Italian dressing for a few hours (or overnight for better flavor)
- Heat the cast iron griddle on medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on both sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the lettuce, caesar dressing, cheese, avocado, onions, and black pepper together.
- Fill a tortilla with a cup of caesar salad, chicken breast, a sprinkle of pepper, and roll tightly.
- Grill each side of the tortilla for about a minute.
- Slice and enjoy!
This is one of the best purchases we’ve made this month. We have been making everything on this cast iron grill pan! It’s only $20 on Amazon, and we plan on getting a few of them as backup! Sometimes when you grill chicken outside, the chicken gets dry. This cooks the chicken almost too perfectly! One of the best parts about these chicken caesar salad wraps is that they are quick and easy to make. You can make a ton of them and store them in the fridge for a few days. I had one the next day, and the lettuce was perfectly crunchy! Romaine holds up well when kept in the fridge. It’s also lettuce that tastes good when heated up or grilled. One of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte makes a grilled romaine caesar salad, and it’s to die for. Look how delicious those are! Perfect for a summer picnic or to take with you to have by the pool. We sat out on the porch and had these with some cherry Kombucha on Saturday night 😊
Questions for you!
- What is your favorite kitchen purchase you’ve made this past year?
- Do you have a favorite meal you recreated from a restaurant?